Therapy and Counseling for Anxiety
Do you feel overwhelmed in this life? Do persistent fears or intense worries cause you stress, affect your mood, and hinder your ability to function?
Anxiety is a key part of several different disorders. These include:
- panic disorder: experiencing recurring panic attacks at unexpected times. A person with panic disorder may live in fear of the next panic attack.
- phobia: excessive fear of a specific object, situation, or activity
- social anxiety disorder: extreme fear of being judged by others in social situations
- obsessive-compulsive disorder: recurring irrational thoughts that lead you to perform specific, repeated behaviors
- separation anxiety disorder: fear of being away from home or loved ones
- illness anxiety disorder: anxiety about your health (formerly called hypochondria)
- post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): anxiety following a traumatic event
At Kairos Counseling & Family Therapy, regardless of the presentation of anxiety, we see it as a clue to a wound. Through exploring the situational presence of anxiety, through turning toward it in a curious and embracing manner, we will work together to mediate the power of anxiety over your life.
How Does Kairos Anxiety Counseling and Therapy Work?
Anxiety affects the mind and body of a person, so at Kairos Counseling and Therapy, we provide a multi-modal therapy for anxiety.
Pschoeducation, to greater understand exactly what anxiety is, leads to an ability to come alongside of anxiety. Mindfulness allows for bodily relief from somatic symptoms of anxiety as we engage the body in “Right Here, Right Now” living. EMDR Therapy (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) allows from reprocessing of traumatic moments that lead to the body’s adoption of anxiety for its protection.